When you need information on Medicare, your local Medicare Insurance Specialists are at PBI Insurance. Turn to PBI when you need information about Medicare plans, or Medigap Supplemental Insurance. We offer assistance to individuals just like you understand the Medicare enrollment process. PBI provides clients with affordable healthcare coverage to individuals who have reached the age of 65. We are proud to personally meet with individuals to educate and guide them through the Medicare enrollment process. Whether you are an active member of the workforce or a retiree, PBI can provide Medicare coverage to suit your health care needs. Our professionals provide personal and detailed consultations to help determine which Medicare Plan is best suited for you. If you have questions about Medicare parts A, B, C, or D, or would like to explore your Medicare Supplemental Insurance options, call our helpful staff for a consultation. PBI provides Medicare Plans for individuals through many highly recognized carriers, including AARP, Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, ConnectiCare, and United Healthcare.
BASIC MEDICARE INSURANCE
- Medicare Part A is hospital insurance, and helps cover inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care, and home health care.
- Medicare Part B, or Medical Insurance, helps cover services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventive services.
- Medicare Part C, or Medicare Advantage Plan is run by Medicare-approved, private insurance companies. Medicare Advantage includes all the benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B, may cover extra benefits and services for an added cost, and usually includes prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D).
- Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage.
- With Medicare you get to choose the coverage you want. Original Medicare includes part A and Part B coverage. For prescription drug coverage, you must join a separate Part D plan. Or you may choose to join a Medicare Advantage Plan, where you will get your Part A and Part B coverage from this plan, not from Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage may include prescription drug coverage
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE – MEDIGAP
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for Americans who are age 65 or older, younger people with disabilities, and those of any age suffering from permanent kidney damage. Medicare coverage is the same for people who qualify based on disability as for those who qualify based on age. For those who are eligible, the full range of Medicare benefits are available. Coverage includes certain hospital, nursing home, home health, physician, and community-based services.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance (Medigap) plans are divided into Plans A through N. Anyone with this Medigap coverage will be accepted anywhere in the country that takes Medicare. Not all insurance carriers offer every plan, but all plans are identical. These plans only differ by the monthly premium charged by each insurance carrier. The first step in choosing your Medigap policy is to decide on the benefits you need and want while considering your current and future health care needs. You must already have Medicare parts A and B. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you should make sure you can leave that plan before your Medigap policy goes into effect. At PBI we shop the market and get the lowest premium for your Medicare supplemental insurance policy. We will do our best to tailor a plan that is right for you. 860-233-1171.